School Group Tours of Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch
Schools have been scheduling groups of pre-schoolers, day-care up to 3rd graders to enjoy the fun, education and involvement in our School Group Pumpkin Tours for over 15 years. Don't Dilly Dally! Book your date and time early to get your own personal Pumpkin Head Tour Guide! Register your school for a tour today!
When: M-F during October. Rain, snow and/or shine!
Time: Start 9 am Tour Time: Tours take 45-60 minutes per group.
Each group has their own Pumpkin Tour Guide unless we have very small groups and join them with a Guide, or have several groups at once still making a manageable size group for one Tour Guide.
Teachers, attending parents and bus drivers free.
We take cash, check or credit card.
Number of Children: Any number is fine with us, we just need to have you pre-book your tour so that we are prepared and don't overlap other groups.
Attire: Sneakers or boots. No open-toed shoes.
Name Tags: Some teachers have their group wear look-alike t-shirts, which is very helpful to everyone! But, having a name tag on each child's shirt is VERY helpful!
Stay and have lunch here too! Feel free to bring lunches for all your group.
Tours Consist of:
1. Explore our autumn harvest and bounty at our gigantic cornucopia and crates of plenty! A stop at the squash and gourd holding crates, where the children can touch and hold and examine many kinds of orange, green, yellow and multi-colored winter vegetable favorites gets lots of ooohs, ahhhs and giggles. They also visit the cornucopica made of season dried corn stalks, and a fun hand constructed tee-pee made of the same. The kids love the tee-pee as they get to go inside and play!
2. The Uncle Oscar's Hay Maze is just a couple of hay bales high, safe for small children, and so much fun to hide and seek and find their way to the end ... where they find the giant Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch pumpkin where they can go inside, play and get great pictures taken to remember.
3. Next is the Petting Zoo! YEA ANIMALS! We have an assortment of animals every year, including goats, llamas, sheep, rabbits, a pot bellied pig, Scottish Highland cow, ducks, fancy feathered chickens and more. The children just love petting and hugging the animals. The animals love it too!
4. Off to see the Wizard, the... Oh, no! Not the Wizard! It's... the Scarecrow! Yes, your children will build their own scarecrow and take it back to school with them! They all pitch in to help get the clothes ready, stuff in the straw, name him, or her, choose the adult to draw on the face and last but now least, they get to sing, "Happy Birthday" to this new being in the world! They love this hands-on activity. This activity is kept dry under a plastic covered metal frame so that it's nice and cozy while making their new friend, Mr. or Ms. Scarecrow. NOTE: Make sure to bring a child's size long sleeve shirt and jeans/pants to stuff for the scarecrow. We do not furnish these items.
5. Visit our Honey Bee Education Center and learn about honey bees and their importance. Then also learn about how seeds are planted and grow into the great pumpkins seen everywhere at our Ranch, and about our beautiful Indian Corn.
Each child gets a bag with
1. a nutritious Honey Stick from local honey bees!
2. an OZ-variety pumpkin that they hand pick from our field
3. a tiny pumpkin/gourd
4. and a great day of information, education and hands-on exploring our beautiful and tasty produce while all the while enjoying our Colorado sunshine (and sometimes rain and snow!)
It's all in the glad-i-tude! During or after their fun and active tour, don't miss out on those group photos under the pumpkin tree!! Priceless!
Register your school for a tour today!