Organic Produce Market & Farmers Markets
Our Open Door Market 2012 Schedule
September 6 - 16 (10:00am - 5:00pm, Thursday-Sunday Only)
September 17 - October 31 (9:00am- 6:00pm, 7 days/week)
7 days/wk all October. Weekends enjoy our Pumpkin Fall Festival!
Closed November 1 until mid-July.
Throughout the winter and spring we'll be cultivating the best planting, growing, harvesting and farming ideas again for next growing and harvest season! Come back and start your summer nutritious produce shopping every July! We specialize in producing farm fresh, hand-picked organically-grown delicious produce for you and your family.
CANNED GOODS, ALL NATURAL FRUIT JUICES and our famous EVERY DAY FRESH PUMPKIN BREAD... by the loaf or hefty slice
- • HONEY: We have locally produced honey, honey sticks and honey combs. Some from our own fields.
- • JUICES & CIDERS: Individual size, 24 oz, 1/2 gallon and gallons of peach, apple, raspberry, bing cherry and other Western Slope fruit juices and ciders
- • Fresh APPLE CIDER comes in the first part of October, cold and ready to enjoy
- • CANNED GOODIES: Jars and jars of scrumptious pepper concoctions, olives, spiced beets, pickles with peppers and many more varieties and mixtures plus jams, jellies and syrups that people rave about and wait for each year
- • We have "BUTTERS" too: Peach Butter, Apple Butter, Cherry Butter, Sweet Potato Butter, and of course, Pumpkin Butter!
QUICK PIE RECIPE
You can make a quick and delicious pie with just one jar of our "butter" of choice (see above), 2 eggs and a pie shell! Amaze your family and friends. It's so fast and nutritious!
IN LATE SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER
- • we of course have our pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and varieties
- • straw bales
- • corn stalks for decoration
- • apple cider... Mmmmmm! So yummy in the autumn.
- • plus beautiful Indian Corn
- • decorative gourds
- • bird house and bean gourds
SPECIAL LOCAL PRODUCERS' ITEMS
We have a few new and different items each year from local creative producers.
Some items include:
- • Fall Flowers: In late September and into October we carry Mums and other Fall Flowers in 1 and 2 gallon pots. They are so beautiful and a bit different every year. Longmont growers.
- • High Country Crafts Soaps. Handmade soap made with fresh and creamy Nubian Dairy goat's milk from just down the road in Lyons. They sell out every year!
- • Monrico's Ciders and Juices Mmmmmmm! Western Slope
- • Rabbit Mountain Honey, Hygience, CO.
- • Sisters' Pantry delicious Fresh Lime-Cilantro Soy Vinaigrette, Lyons, CO www.sisterspantry.com
From mid-summer to the end of October, we also offer our delicious produce at local farmer's markets.
- Longmont - The Boulder County Fair Grounds, Hover St. and Boston Ave
- Saturdays 8am - 2pm
First Sat. in May - Last Sat. in October
Boulder - In the heart of downtown Boulder next to Central Park on 13th St. between Canyon Blvd and Arapahoe Ave.
- Saturdays 8am - 2pm
First Sat. in April to First Sat. in November
- Wednesdays 4pm - 8pm
First Wed. in May to First Wed. in October